The second International Research Summer School in Genetic Phenomenology will take place in Warsaw from September 2nd to 6th 2019 at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology /Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences.
In the late phase of his reflections, following the new possibilities opened by the genetic method, Edmund Husserl addresses the factuality of the body-consciousness relationship. Investigating elusive phenomena such as sleep and dream, birth and death, fainting and awakening, unconscious, drive and instincts, Husserl questions the limits of consciousness, its inner continuity that holds together the passivity of life and the subject’s higher ethical performances.
The Research Summer School in Genetic Phenomenology aims to offer an in-depth analysis of Husserl’s research manuscripts collected in volume XLII of Husserliana, while opening an interdisciplinary dialogue with psychoanalysis, psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
International experts will discuss thematic issues on the basis of textual analysis in lectures and seminars. In the afternoon, international scholars and advanced PhD students will present their own research topics during “text-laboratories” and continue the discussion of selected manuscripts from Hua XLII.
The summer school will also include a section on psychoanalysis headed by Prof. Dr. med. Heinz Weiß.
- Rudolf Bernet (KU Leuven, Husserl-Archive Leuven)
- Jagna Brudzińska (IFIS PAN Warsaw / Husserl-Archive Cologne)
- Natalie Depraz (Rouen University)
- Saulius Geniusas (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- George Heffernan (Merrimack College – Massachusetts)
- Julia Jansen (KU Leuven, Director of the Husserl-Archive Leuven)
- Dieter Lohmar (University of Cologne, Director of the Husserl-Archive Cologne)
- James Mensch (Charles University, Prague)
- Stefano Micali (KU Leuven, Husserl-Archive Leuven)
- Karel Novotny (Charles University Prague)
- Dominique Pradelle (Sorbonne University, Paris, Director of the Husserl-Archive Paris)
- Alice Pugliese (University of Palermo, Italy)
- Lanei Rodemeyer (Duquesne University Pittsburgh, USA)
- Roberto Walton (University of Buenos Aires)
- Heinz Weiß (Sigmund Freud Institute – Stuttgart)
- Limits and Transitions of Consciousness: Birth, Death, Fainting, and Sleep
- Unconscious, Instincts, Drives, and Repression
- Monadology and Teleology
- Metaphysics, Existence, Ethics
- Genetic Methodology
- Gender Studies
The 2ed Research Summer School is open to anyone interested in phenomenological research. The participation fee is 45 € (200 PLN). The fee covers coffee and one common dinner. In exceptional circumstances, some stipends will be available to cover the fee.
We invite all interested students and scholars to register as participants in the Research Summer School by sending an email to gPHEN.firstname.lastname@example.org (participation as listener).
Applicants who also wish to hold a short presentation of their research project (participation as speakers) should send a short CV (1 page) and an abstract (up to 500 words) to gPHEN.email@example.com
The deadline for participation as listeners or speakers is June 15th 2019.
Language: English / German
Total Class Time: 30h
Project Direction: Prof. Jagna Brudzińska